Voter Registration in Oklahoma

You may register to vote in Oklahoma if you are a citizen of the United States, a resident of the State of Oklahoma, and 18 years old or older, with two noted exceptions.

  • Felons: A convicted felon may not register for a period equal to the time of the original sentence. A convicted felon who has been pardoned may register.
  • Persons Judged Incapacitated: Persons judged incapacitated by a court may not register to vote.

Oklahoma Voter Registration application forms are available at the County Election Board office located at 400 W. Broadway, Room 120 in the Muskogee County Service Building, and at most post offices, tag agencies and public libraries in the county.

Printed registration forms may also be requested at the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs or our financial aid office. 

Start your registration online at 

Proof of Identification

Oklahoma’s proof of identity law (State Question 746, 2010) requires every voter who votes in person at the precinct polling place or during early voting at the County Election Board to show proof of identity before receiving a ballot.

Identification issued by the United States government, the State of Oklahoma, or a federally recognized tribal government may be used.  Your identification should include the following:

  • The name of the person to whom it was issued
  • A photograph of the person to whom it was issued
  • An expiration date that is after the date of the election, unless the identification is valid indefinitely



Residents of other states

If you are a student who resides in another state and need help researching the voter registration process for your state, please contact the financial aid office at [email protected]