Pell Grant: Up to $6,495 for the 2021-2022 academic year
The Federal Pell Grant is based on financial need and is available to undergraduate students only. The award amounts can change yearly. The amount that a student can receive is based not only on the financial need but also the cost of attendance and the enrollment status as full-time or part-time.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG): $500 per year
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) is offered to full-time undergraduate students with demonstrated exceptional need as determined by the FAFSA. Awards are based on the student’s application date and are made to Pell-eligible students who have submitted all requested documentation. Funds are limited, and students are encouraged to apply early and submit requested documents (such as tax returns) in a timely manner. Students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to be eligible for FSEOG.

Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG): Up to $1,300 per year  
OTAG is a financial need based grant available to Oklahoma residents only. Students automatically apply for it by completing a FAFSA, and must be enrolled in at least half time. Students who have listed Bacone College on their FAFSA are selected by Oklahoma State Regents and reported to us. The Oklahoma State Regents may change the FAFSA completion deadline based on the amount of funds available and the number of students eligible for awards. Students who complete the FAFSA after March 15th may not receive funds from this program.

Oklahoma Tuition Equalization Grant (OTEG): Up to $2,000 per year 
OTEG is also a financial need based grant available to Oklahoma residents only. There are specific rules from this scholarship and they are dictated by the Oklahoma State Regents.  Students automatically apply for it by completing a FAFSA, and must be enrolled full-time. The Oklahoma State Regents directs Bacone College on criteria and awarding practices.

Oklahoma Higher Learning Access Program (OHLAP): $191 per eligible credit hour for the 2021-2022 academic year 
OHLAP is a unique program set by the Oklahoma Legislature for eighth-, ninth- and 10th-grade students. Below are some of the requirements:  Oklahoma resident, enrolled in the eighth, ninth or 10th grade in an Oklahoma high school and student’s parents, custodians or guardians who earn less than $50,000 per year.  For the 2017-2018 year, the amount awarded for OHLAP students at Bacone College was $175 per credit hour (per credit dollar amount is coming from the OK State Regents Office).

Federal Work Study (FWS)
The FWS program is a financial need based program that provides part-time jobs on campus to help students earn money to pay for school. Students are paid at least minimum wage and the financial aid office determines the yearly amount awarded to the student. For the 2017-2018 year, the amount awarded is $1,600. The FWS program encourages community service and helps students gain valuable work experience while paying for their education.

Tribal Grant Aid

Tribal Grants: Higher ED Grants are provided to supplement financial assistance to eligible American Indian/Alaska Native students entering college seeking a baccalaureate degree. The Higher Education Grant Program is not an entitlement program. Students do not automatically receive funding because they are American Indian/Alaska Native. Students must meet certain criteria in order to apply for a Higher ED Grant. Bacone College receives tribal grants from over 25 different Indian tribes. All American Indian students are encouraged to apply with their respective tribes. Contact your tribes Higher Education Office or Administrator to apply for tribal scholarships and grants. You must be an enrolled tribal member in order to be considered for tribal assistance.  If you are not enrolled, contact the particular tribal government and apply for enrollment.  Bacone College recognizes both federal and state recognized tribes.  Below is a partial listing of tribes whose students have attended Bacone College:

Oklahoma Tribes  
Absentee Shawnee TribeFt. Sill Apache TribePeoria Tribe of Indians OK
(405) 275-4030(580) 588-2298(918) 540-2535
Fax (405) 275-1922Fax (580) 588-3133Fax (918) 540-2538
AlabamaIowa Tribe of OklahomaPonca Nation
(405) 452-3987(405) 547-2402(580) 762-8104
Fax (405) 452-3968Fax (405) 547-5294Fax (580) 762-2743
Apache TribeKaw Nation of OklahomaQuapaw Tribe
(405) 247-9493(580) 269-2552(918) 542-1853
Fax (405) 247-2686Fax (580) 269-2301Fax (918) 542-4694
Caddo TribeKialegee Tribal TownSac & Fox Nation
(405) 656-2344(405) 452-3262(918) 968-3526
Fax (405) 656-2892Fax (405) 452-3413Fax (918) 968-1142
Cherokee NationKickapoo Tribe of OklahomaSeminole Nation
(918) 456-0671(405) 964-2075(405) 257-6287
Fax (918) 458-5580Fax (405) 964-6211Fax (405) 257-6205
Cheyenne-Arapaho TribeKiowa TribeSeneca-Cayuga Tribes
(405) 262-0345(580) 654-2300(918) 542-6609
Fax (405) 262-6872Fax (580) 654-2188Fax (918) 542-3684
Chickasaw NationMiami NationShawnee Tribe
(580) 436-2603(918) 542-1445(918) 542-2441
Fax (580) 436-4287Fax (918) 542-7260Fax (918) 542-2922
Choctaw NationModoc Tribe of OklahomaThlopthlocco Tribal Town
(580) 924-8280(918) 542-1190(918) 623-2620
Fax (580) 924-1150Fax (918) 542-5415Fax (918) 623-1810
Citizen PotawatomiMuscogee Creek NationTonkawa Tribe
(405) 275-3121(918) 732-7600(580) 628-2561
Fax (405) 275-0198Fax (918) 758-1434Fax (580) 628-3375
Comanche NationOsage TribeUnited Keetoowah Band of Cherokees
(580) 492-4988(918) 287-5432(918) 431-1818
Fax (580) 492-3796Fax (918) 287-2257Fax (918) 431-1873
Delaware NationOTOE-Missouria TribeWichita & Affiliated Tribes
(405) 247-2448(580) 723-4466(405) 247-2425
Fax (405) 247-6329Fax (580) 723-4273Fax (405) 247-2430
Delaware Tribe of IndiansOttawa TribeWyandotte Nation
(918) 336-5272(918) 540-1536(918) 678-2297
Fax (918) 337-5513Fax (918) 542-3214Fax (918) 678-2944
Eastern Shawnee TribePawnee Nation of OklahomaYuchi (Euchee) Tribe
(918) 666-2435(918) 762-3621(918) 224-3065
Fax (918) 666-2186Fax (918) 762-6446Fax (918) 224-3065
Out of State Tribes  
Mississippi Band of Choctaws Seminole Tribe of Florida
(601) 650-7409 (877) 592-6537
Fax: (601) 650-7413 Fax: (954) 893-8856
Chehalis Tribe Eastern Band of Cherokee
(360) 273-5911 (828) 497-4222
Fax: (360) 273-5914 Fax: (828) 497-9750
State Recognized Tribes of Virginia  
Chickahominy, Eastern Division(aka Eastern Chickahominy Indian Tribe)(804) 966-7815Mattaponi Tribe (aka Mattaponi Indian Reservation)(804) 769-0041Monacan Indian Nation (formerly Monacan Indian Tribe of Virginia)(434) 946-0389
Nansemond Indian Tribal AssociationRefer to websitePamunkey NationRefer to websiteRappahannock Indian Tribe (formerly United Rappahannock Tribe)(804) 769-0260
The Upper Mattaponi Indian Tribe (formerly Upper Mattaponi Indian Tribal Association)(804) 769-0041