Merritt D. Betts & Bacone College American Indian Research LibraryThe mission of the Merritt D. Betts Library System is to support scholarship and education by providing outstanding and innovative information services and resources to the students, faculty, and the research community.
The Merritt D. Betts & Bacone College American Indian Research Library is committed to serving the students, faculty and staff of Bacone College:
- As a fully functioning library, student workers are employed to assist in daily operations.
- Provide support to faculty and students in Moodle log-in assistance, email assistance, and if you need to find an article in the databases and Zoom classrooms.
- For those with laptops, tablets or smartphones, there is a wireless network available too.
- The library is currently organized to provide adequate social distancing protocols at desktop and laptop stations, and as per college policy, face masks are required.
- We work closely with our faculty and students with classroom instruction, where we visit and receive classes.
- We share our Native American collection for scholarly research. To inquire about collections and archives, please email Library Director Dr. David McMillan at [email protected]
- All students may utilize the Writing Center.
- Writing Tutors help you with your essay assignments, journaling, and 1st or 2nd drafts with suggestions on writing formats, and can help polish your writing projects final phase, internship or fieldwork journals.
- These appointments are 30 minute time slots and are available in-person or via Zoom.
A math tutor is available by appointment only on Wednesday 5-9 p.m. and Thursday 6-9 p.m. in the library.
To schedule a tutoring appointment, email or chat via Google Hangouts to [email protected]
To schedule an appointment, email or chat via Google Hangouts to [email protected]
The databases at Bacone College are available by log in. Please see the database log in chart for instructions.