Potential VIM Projects 2013
January – (VIMS last week of January only)
- Install shower facilities at Walter Starr restrooms
- Requires licensed plumbers
- Remove 15 panel doors at Walter Starr offices and replace with solid core fire rated doors for residential students.
- Paint office space at the BC Commons Library
- Paint entire lower level of Wacoche Hall in preparation to house the Center for Christian Ministry.
- Install cabinetry in lower level of Wacoche for "Christian coffee house" set- up
- Construction of formal road/pathway between Bacone Commons and Campus. Installation of landscape timbers and rock landscaping and plant materials.
- Dig up old natural rock pathways on campus and relocate stones to Lucy Peters Hall patio area.
- Construct new circular patio area at Lucy Peters Hall utilizing natural stones
- Re-stucco areas of the conference center hallways and paint
- Requires some basic masonry skills
- Install new metal railing at the conference center
- Requires some welding and carpentry skills
- Build small pump house for pool equipment
- Paint lower level of the Chapel to include fellowship hall and all classrooms
- Repair base of white pillars in front of chapel and re-paint
- Paint proposed new wrestling practice room at the BC Commons
- Paint lower level rooms of Walter Starr Hall
- Repair soffit on north side of Journeycake Hall
- Requires skilled carpenters
- Install fire rated entry doors in first floor wing hallways
- Clean out lower level of McCombs Hall to utilize for art classroom space.
- Paint all rooms, hallways and public areas of McCombs Hall
- Hang grass wallpaper in Gallery area of McCombs for art show displays
August – (VIMS last week of August only)
- Updating of Hurley House restrooms and public areas. Installation of new sinks/vanities, cabinet hardware, paint
- Remove concrete steps from front of Wacoche Hall in preparation for new entry.
- Jackhammer of concrete and removal of debris
- Installation of automatic watering systems for campus flower beds, clean
- out flower beds for winter and re-mulch
- Enclose covered garage area of campus duplex(s) to expand space for< academic programs. Framing, electrical, installation of windows, doors, carpet.
November (No VIMS scheduled during Thanksgiving week)
December (VIMS first two weeks only)
- Paint interior rooms/offices at the Kiva. Install new flooring in restrooms
and kitchen. Paint kitchen cabinets.