Inclement Weather Policy
(Updated of 6/08)
Decisions about classes and office hours when related to uncertain weather conditions are fourfold:
- Our concern for the personal safety of students and faculty;
- Our need to provide learning opportunities and services for students who have invested significant dollars in and are entitled to receive those services;
- Our significant resident population, for whom weather conditions are less of an issue; and
- Our belief in the importance of personal choice and responsibility in individual decision making.
These, often conflicting, values are given expression in the following procedures:
1.When weather conditions present or have potential for clear and present danger to the safety of staff and students, Bacone College will close. Notification of this will be given to local radio stations (KMMY 97, KHTT 106.9, KBIX AM 1490/KHJ FM 100) and TV stations (KJRH Channel 2, KOTV Channel 6, KTUL Channel 8) by 6:30 a.m. to be included in their announcements of school closings.
2.When weather conditions present manageable inconvenience and risk, the College will go on delayed schedule, as follows. Notification of delayed schedule will similarly be communicated via local radio/TV stations.
3.Current information about possible closings or delays is also posted to the Bacone web page; the "Inclement Weather Policy" icon is on the opening page of the web site. Once you are into the Inclement Weather Policy, follow the instructions: for current information about possible closing or delays, please go to http://baconenews.blogspot.com/. You will then be at the Bacone College News site.
|8:00 a.m. – 8:50 a.m.||10:00 a.m. –10:35 a.m.|
|9:00 a.m. -9:50 a.m.||10:40 a.m. –11:10 a.m.|
|10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.||11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.|
|11:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.||11:50 a.m. –12:20 p.m.|
|12 noon –12:50 p.m.||12:25 p.m. – 12:55 p.m.|
|1:00 p.m. -1:50 p.m.||1:00 p.m. -1:50 p.m.|
|2:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m.||2:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m.|
|3:00 p.m. - 3:50 p.m.||3:00 p.m. - 3:50 p.m.|
|4:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.||4:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.|
|8:00 a.m. - 9:20 a.m.||10:00 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.|
|9:30 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.||10:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.|
|11:00 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.||Cancelled *|
|12 noon – 1:10 p.m.||12 noon – 1:10 p.m.|
|1:30 p.m. – 2:50 p.m.||1:30 p.m. – 2:50 p.m.|
|3:00 p.m. – 4:20 p.m.||3:00 p.m. – 4:20 p.m.|
*Note: Tuesday at 11 a.m. is Bacone Hour. Thursday at this time is primarily open. Bacone Hour would be cancelled when the Class Delay Schedule falls on a Tuesday. Classes that meet at 11 a.m. on Thursday would be cancelled when the Class Delay Schedule falls on Thursday.
4. If weather conditions are not deemed to be a threat to safety and do not result in the decision to close down, and when uncertainty remains due to varying conditions in the region, students and faculty will exercise their personal judgment about travel conditions and will be accountable for their choice. Those who are unwilling or unable to allow extra time for travel or who are personally uncomfortable with the challenge, may exercise a class cut or choose to take a personal or vacation day. Faculty who intend to exercise this choice must call in to their respective division chairs or deans. Faculty and supervisors will use their best professional judgment in accommodating those personal decisions to insure continuity of service. Supervisors and faculty, in such uncertain circumstances, have the burden of responsibility for making the "business-and-service-as-close-to-usual" decision.