Oklahoma Native American Young Adult Language Fair
The Center for Tribal Languages at Bacone College invites you to join us for the 1 st Oklahoma Native American Young Adult Language Fair, Saturday April 1, 2017, at the Ginny Palmer Student Life Center. Young Adult Native language speakers and learners are welcome to participate in one of seven performance categories:
- Film/Video/Powerpoint (Online submission, pre-judged before the day of the Fair) - Guidelines
- Written and Spoken Poetry (Online submission, pre-judged before the day of the Fair)- Guidelines
- Native Language Advocacy Essay (Online submission, pre-judged before the day of the Fair) - Guidelines
- Modern Song - Guidelines
- Spoken Languages - Guidelines
- Spoken Prayer - Guidelines
- Traditional Song - Guidelines
Early Online Registration until March 15th is encouraged, but registration after that date will be accepted. Walk-in registration on the day of the Fair is welcome too, but t-shirts may not be available for participants.
A mini-workshop will be held during the day of the ONAYAL Fair by Center for Tribal Languages' Director Jacob Manatowa-Bailey, on how to establish an immersion environment Team-based Master Apprentice Program. The time will be announced during the opening ceremony at 9 am at the Ginny Palmer Student Center.
Lunch will be served to performers and audience members. The First Place winner in all represented categories will receive a unique engraved commemorative plaque, while all participants will receive a unique commemorative medallion.
Any questions, please contact:
The Center for Tribal Languages
2299 Old Bacone Road
Muskogee OK, 74403,
We look forward to seeing you at this very special inaugural event on April 1, 2017.