4500 South Garnett Road, Suite 110, Tulsa, OK 74146
The Radiography program is an exciting and dynamic field of medical imaging. Radiographers use radiation generating machines and associated equipment to produce images of internal body structure/organs. These images contain vital information needed by the physician for proper patient diagnosis.
The mission of Bacone College Radiography Program is to assist in meeting community needs for highly competent radiographers, who give skilled care with respect for individual, cultural, and spiritual differences, while maintaining the college commitment to serving American Indians. This is accomplished through didactic education, offered in a nurturing Christian environment, and clinical education provided at affiliated hospitals and clinics. The combination of theory and clinical practice enables the student to acquire the knowledge, skills, and professional values necessary for the practice of radiography in diverse community and clinical settings.
Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The goals of Bacone College, Associate of Applied Science Degree in Radiography, include:
Students will be clinically competent.
- Student Learning Outcomes: Students will demonstrate proper positioning skills.
- Students will demonstrate proper radiation protection and patient care skills.
Students will demonstrate communication skills.
- Student Learning Outcomes: Students will be able to communicate verbally with others in classroom and clinic settings.
- Students will be able to produce written communication skills.
Students will model professionalism.
- Student Learning Outcomes: Students will gain professional development knowledge outside the classroom.
- Students will develop job placement skills.
Students will develop critical thinking skills.
- Student Learning Outcomes: Students will learn to apply technique adjustments in the clinical setting for non-general exams.
- Students will adapt to trauma situations within the clinical setting.
Students will feel that the program is effective.
- Student Learning Outcomes: Students will complete the program.
- Students will pass national certification on the 1st attempt.
- Students will be satisfied with the education they received prior to graduation.
- Graduates will be employed within six months.
- Employer satisfaction of recent graduates.
The radiography program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). Program information regarding five-year average credentialing examination pass rate, five-year average job placement rate, and annual completion rate can be found at www.jrcert.org. Click here to Download the Annual Report.