Payroll/Accounts Receivable Clerk
Job Status: Full-time
Date Added: November 11, 2013
General Statement of Duties:
Main responsibility is payroll, but this position also serves as an accounts receivable clerk..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, insurance and other deductions to be withheld from time sheets and other records.
- Enters data into computer files, or computes wages and deductions and posts to payroll records.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions and insurance coverage for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
- Keeps records of leave pay.
- Prepares and issues paychecks.
- Prepares Deposits and post funds to proper accounts.
- Verify and track agency funds.
- Assist with Collections
Skills and Abilities:
Must possess computer skills on a frequent user basis. Specific knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word is required. Knowledge of Paycom or other payroll processing software preferred. Knowledge of CAMS software or prior experience with similar database programs, which will enable user to be proficient with CAMS. Must have the ability to communicate with general public and possess interpersonal skills. Must have some knowledge of accounting concepts and accounting skills. Must have good written and oral skills. The ability to cross train into other areas of the Business Office is desired
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of two years bookkeeping experience in the area of receivables and credit function. In addition to prior experience a degree or formal training is desired. A Bachelors or Associates degree is desirable.
Please submit a letter of application/résumé to the Human Resources Office. For more information, please contact Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Bacone is a private four-year college with a mission to provide opportunities to American Indian students and employees. EOE