Director,of Financial Aid
Job Type: Professional
Job Status: Full-time
Date Added: May 4, 2013
General Statement of Duties:
Coordinate preparationof all Federal and State Reports or reportsfrom funding agencies or individuals. Supervise and maintain records to meet compliance requirements of Federal and State Agencies. Responsibilities include evaluation and supervision of financial aid staff. Administrate all functions of the Office of Admissions. Supervise all personnel within the function of Bacone College’s admissions. Coordinates activities and functions involved with the recruitment, retention and financial aid of students. Serve as member for necessary campus committees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and maintain financial aid software – computer issues: cams / EDExpress / Word / Excel / Hardware / etc.
- Supervise all aspects of the operation of federal and state funded assistance programs, and all campus programs to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Coordinate preparation of reports to federal and state agencies or reports of any nature required or needed by the college and/or current and prospective students.
- Coordinate distributions of federal, state, and institutional funds with allocations of budget limits.
- Prepare reports to President or other departments as necessary, including weekly summary of pending governmental funding.
- Coordinate interoffice procedures with Business office, Admissions, Registrar, and other areas, as needed.
- Review and update publications of the college containing financial aid as needed.
- Conduct financial aid workshops and seminars for students and parents.
- Maintain students financial aid Probation / Suspension.
- Responsible for maintaining professional judgment and special conditions policies.
- Prepare and submit external reports on a monthly basis, including, but not limited to: OTAG (Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant), OTEG and SEOG.
- Prepare and submit external report for FISAP (Fiscal Operations Report and Application to Participate), due annually in September.
- Supervise daily computer transmissions.
- Loan certification and enter required loan data into computer programs.
- Manage and keep accurate records of tuition waivers. Financial Aid for staff, faculty, and dependents.
- Supervise and maintaining an effective Default Management Program. Responsible for providing WISS (Default Management Program) with Withdrawal, Graduation and No-Show lists. Counsel students and parents on default issues.
- Any other job related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of financial aid operations and regulations governing federal and state funded programs. Extensive knowledge of Admissions operations required. Excellent communication skills, ability to supervise and manage fast paced office, willingness to travel, and an outgoing personality are desired.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to supervise and manage fast paced office, willingness to travel, and an outgoing personality are desired.
- Knowledge of financial aid computer software and willingness to attend necessary classes in order to acquire new skills. Knowledge of Microsoft suite and willingness to learn the CAMS database is essential. Must hold a valid Oklahoma state drivers license and have a good driving record.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred and minimum of 3 years in a related field. Extensive knowledge of all areas of Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, Advisement and Student Support Services is required.
Please submit a letter of application/résumé to the Human Resources Office. For more information, please contact Human Resources, email@example.com. Bacone is a private four-year college with a mission to provide opportunities to American Indian students and employees. EOE