Job Type: Classified
Job Status: Full-time
Date Added: January 9, 2014
General Statement of Duties:
Responsible for processing student's applications and ensuring the completion of the Enrollment Management Process. Assisting the Director of Admissions with all aspects of departmental operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all prospective students starting at the time of application for admission.
- Maintain contact with prospective students via telephone, e-mail or mail and develop their interest in attending Bacone College.
- Work with each applicant to progress his or her admission’s file to the matriculated level.
- Assist the Director of Admissions in organizing the campus events targeted at increasing our audience.
- Once a student has completed the requirements for admission, counselor will assist them in completing all necessary details to complete financial aid, housing, testing and prepare for registration
- Counselor will serve on various committees as needed.
- Counselor will be a vital part of Bacone College’s comprehensive approach towards presidential initiatives.
- Experienced counselors will assist in the training and development of office staff.
- Counselor will establish relationships for the students with all departments of the college.
- Any other job related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast paced office, willingness to travel, and an outgoing personality are desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite and willingness to learn the CAMS database are essential.
Must hold a valid Oklahoma state drivers license and have a good driving record.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of an Associate’s degree or in attendance of obtaining a degree with a relevant background required. Bachelor’s degree with related experience preferred.
Please submit a letter of application/résumé to the Human Resources Office. For more information, please contact Human Resources, email@example.com. Bacone is a private four-year college with a mission to provide opportunities to American Indian students and employees. EOE