Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I complete a degree completely online/off-site?

A: Our accreditation allows us to offer online degree completion so that the number of credits earned online or at a course location does not exceed 49% of the degree requirements.

Q: How many hours do I have to take?

A: Associate degrees require a minimum of 65 credit hours and bachelor's degrees require a minimum of 124 credit hours to graduate. The number of hours required is dependent upon the degree you are seeking and the number of credits you transfer. Bacone reserves the right to determine if credits will transfer to meet degree requirements. Your DAE Coordinator will help you determine how many hours you need and provide you with a plan of study.

Q: What types of credit does BC's Division of Adult Education accept?

A: Bacone accepts credits of those courses with a grade of "C" or better from other regionally accredited institutions. Transfer of credit from other institutions will be evaluated on a case by case basis.

Q: Can I transfer credits into the major requirements for my program?

A: In some cases, you may be able to transfer in equivalent courses for our major requirements. Please talk with your DAE Coordinator to determine if you have any courses that will replace any major requirements.

Q: Where do I buy books?

A: Books may be purchased through the BC Bookstore and shipped directly to you and billed to your student account. If you intend to use financial aid to pay for your books, be prepared to pay out-of-pocket if you choose not to purchase your books through the BC bookstore.

Q: Is Financial Aid available?

A: Yes! Title IV funding is available; 9 hours is considered full-time; funding is divided among Fall, Spring and Summer. See Financial Aid for additional information.

Q: If I am already receiving aid at another institution can it be transferred?

A: Usually aid can be transferred.

Q: Does Bacone offer any scholarships for DAE programs?

A: Currently there are no institutional scholarships for DAE. Check with your employer, church, social clubs, etc. for outside scholarships to assist you.