The Office of Admissions will guide all prospective international students though the application process. The first step is to email the Office of Admissions and request our electronic admissions packet. Upon request the Office of Admissions will email you various attachments and directions as Word attachments. Academic Scholarships are not available for international students, however international students are eligible to apply for Institutional Work-Study. Students must apply for scholarships online to have eligibility evaluated.
Many of the international prospective students choose to complete an online admissions application to start their process. Once the application is received by the Office of Admissions, an Admissions Counselor will contact you by email to assist you with the additional requirements necessary for admittance into Bacone College.
Provided admittance is granted, Bacone College will request a refundable deposit prior to issuing the Letter of Admittance, Letter of English Proficiency and Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
Steps for Admission
- Application for Admissions and scholarship can be completed online at www.bacone.edu.
- Non-refundable application fee ($25US) paid to Business Office.
- The Office of Admissions must receive high school & college/university official transcripts & relevant exam scores translated into English. Your official records must be submitted along with an Evaluation of International Educational Credentials; please refer to www.wes.org for more information on having your records evaluated. Submit your official records to an independent evaluation company and have them forward your official records and their evaluations to:
- Office of Admissions, Bacone College
2299 Old Bacone Road
Muskogee OK 74403
- For students from non-English speaking nations: TOEFL score test of 500 (paper exam) or 173 (computer exam). If TOEFL score is less than 500/173, you are required to take a 12-week English course at an official English language center & provide documentation of that course work along with your TOEFL score. TOEFL exams are given in most nations or in near-by nations. If you do not know where the nearest TOEFL exam centers, you can go to the Internet at www.toefl.org.
- For students from English speaking nations: ACT or SAT I transcript in English.
- International Students are required to prepay their first semesters tuition, fees, and room & board.
Once the aforementioned items have been received, the student's admissions file will be nominated to the admissions committee for review. Upon favorable review, the Office of Admissions will request a deposit of $11,350 (US) prior to mailing the Letter of Admittance, Intent to Accept Admissions form, English Proficiency and I-20. Bacone College can receive funds by:
- Bank wire transfer: Banc First, 2400 Old Shawnee, Road, Muskogee, OK. 74403 or PO Box 1489, Muskogee, OK 74403. Phone: 918-683-4581, ABA Routing #103003632, for credit to Bacone College account #0309956701.
- Western Union: Send to Bacone College, Office of Admissions.
- International Bank Draft.
- Traveler's checks.
- Visa & MasterCard credit card.
Please contact the Bacone Business Office to let us know the funds are coming so we can process them.
Once all of the above steps are satisfied, the student will need to:
- Submit applications to the nearest American Consulate or American Embassy to process an F-1 Student Visa.
- Check with the American Embassy for injections needed to travel to the USA. Make arrangements to get injections needed to travel to the USA. Make arrangements to get injections immediately as some injections are in a series with time between each injection.
- General Students should guarantee arriving at Bacone College 1 week prior to the date listed on their I-20 to start the Semester. Athletics should arrive on the dates specified by their Coach.
- Students are required to bring all of their final documentation and funding with them upon arrival. Students without full funding or complete documentation will be returned home.
- Once you receive your visa you are required to pay a non-refundable $200 SEVIS fee.
American Consulate or American Embassy Visit
Please take the following with you to the American Embassy:
- Formal Letter of Acceptance.
- TOEFL score, 12-week English Language Center course documentation or TOEFL Waiver Letter.
- Letter to the Embassy & other provided Bacone College documentation.
- I-20 from Bacone College.
- Visa Application & fees for application and visa.
- Affidavit of Support and official Bank Statement.
- Medical documentation for required travel into the USA.
- Students need to be prepared in the interview with the American embassy Officer to:
- Express sincere interest in major field of study listed on the I-20, talking about job possibilities & plans to work in this field when they return home, including information on how this major field of study will be a benefit to their country.
- Show and express skill in Athletic or Competitive Activity area they have been invited to participate in.
- Be prepared to express a sincere intent to return to their home country. The Embassy will need to be convinced that you are not planning to immigrate, but are truly planning to go to America to be a student.
The Visa Process:
- If your visa is denied, please contact Bacone College prior to the start date listed on your SEVIS I-20 and we will send your deposit back to you (less processing). Please provide all information necessary to receive funds.
- When your visa is approved, please contact Bacone College and arrange for the cost of the second semester to be sent to the College or have your sponsor (living in the United States) contact us to complete a promissory note for the balance.
Travel to the USA & Other Details:
Book flights immediately in order to arrive at school on time. Please do arrangements to fly into the Tulsa International Airport. Please do not book flights into Oklahoma City. The Oklahoma city Airport is several hours away from Tulsa and is very inconvenient for the College to pick you up. As soon as you have your flight arrangements, please inform the College so we can make arrangements to pick you up at the airport. Flight details need to include:
- Dates of each flight.
- The name and the Airline for each flight.
- The flight number of each flight.
- Arrival time into Tulsa International Airport.
- Have all health & injection requirements to enter the USA.
- Please bring any important health or medical records that may be necessary for your well being. Health Insurance is available through the College at a reasonable cost & is purchased through the Office of Student Life.
- Clothing: Oklahoma is hot in the summer months and quite chilly in the winter. In the winter you will need a coat and suitable footwear.