Four-Year Bachelor Degree Guarantee
The Four-Year Bachelor Degree Guarantee is a commitment from Bacone College that students who follow the requirements identified below will earn their bachelor's degree in four years. If all requirements are met and the student is unable to complete his/her major in four years, Bacone will assume the costs (tuition and fees) of the courses needed to complete the student's undergraduate degree up to an additional two semesters of consecutive study.
Qualifications and Conditions
- Beginning Fall 2014, all entering freshmen (not on probation) to the main campus are eligible for Bacone College's Four-Year Bachelor Degree Guarantee.
- Students must sign up for the Four-Year Bachelor Degree Guarantee upon admission or during the first semester of attendance.
- Students must not require more than six credit hours of 0-level remedial coursework.
- Students must select a major by the end of student's second semester and prior to enrolling in third semester. This major must be kept until graduation.
- The student must complete a minimum of 31 credit hours each year (average of 15-16 credits a semester) with a passing grade in each course (C or higher).
- The student must meet with his/her academic advisor each semester and follow recommendations from the advisor in order to stay on track with graduation requirements.
- The student must register during academic registration each semester in order to ensure that needed courses will be available. If the student cannot register during this period they must notify their academic advisor.
- The student must have continuous enrollment at Bacone for four years (eight semesters). The student must also be willing to take classes they need for their program, even if the class is not at a preferable time.
- The Four-Year Bachelor Degree Guarantee only covers a single four-year bachelor's degree program of 124 credit hours. It does not cover students enrolling in double majors or those wishing to pursue more than the minimum graduation requirements. Pursuing either of these two options may delay graduation and is therefore not covered in the Four-Year Degree Guarantee.
Only freshmen that are filly admitted (not on probation) to the main campus are eligible to participate in the Four-Year Bachelor Degree Guarantee program. The guarantee does not apply to any students enrolling in the degree completion programs. The guarantee may be extended if students are required to leave the College for medical or military leave and must fill out the appropriate paperwork in the Office of Academic Affairs.