Accreditation and Professional Status
Bacone College is accredited by:
- The Higher Learning Commission, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
30 N. La Salle St., Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504
- The Oklahoma Regents for Higher Education
State Capitol Complex, 500 Education Bldg., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105-4500
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, 202-887-679.
- The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
20 N. Wacker Dr., Suite 900, Chicago, Illinois 60606-2901
- The Oklahoma Board of Nursing
2915 N. Classen Blvd., Suite 524, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73106-5437
- The Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation
4545 N. Lincoln Blvd., Suite 275, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105-3418
- International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
P O Box 25217, Overland Park, Kansas 66225
The College is chartered under the laws of the State of Oklahoma, empowered to grant the Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science, and Bachelor of Science degrees, and to provide selected service courses for elective or terminal curricula purposes.
Accreditation means that the standards of the school are such that its academic curriculum is recognized and honored by other member institutions of the Association. It ensures the students a quality program with credits that can be transferred to other institutions.
Bacone College is a member of the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the Oklahoma Independent College Foundation and Universities, the Joint Review Commission for Radiography Education, the National League for Nursing, the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education, and an affiliate member of the Oklahoma Association of Colleges for Teacher Education.